Thursday, January 13, 2011

My Life with Cousins that speak Spanish ! Free post!

            Part of my mom's family are from Lima, Peru where they could only speak Spanish and Chinese. It was tough to have family members that could speak Spanish because all my cousins would talk to each other in Spanish.I know... I know I took Spanish class in sixth grade for a half year however I still don’t understand a word they were saying, they speak too fast. Sometimes I feel like they were talking about me because they would say my Chinese name during their conversation. It was irritating to hear them talk in Spanish.

Since they were from Lima, Peru, they didn’t know how to speak English when they arrived in the US and their Chinese speaking weren’t really good. I was seven back then and we couldn’t interact with each other and every time they see me, they would just call me by my Chinese name or my English name in Spanish which was hessica. It was different and difficult to have cousins that speak a different language then me.

Once I remember when i was little, my cousins were driving me to Walmart, however they didn’t know how to get there so I had to give them directions. That time they were able to speak fluent English however when we were in the car, they were still speaking Spanish. All I was doing was just sitting in the car daydreaming. Later when we got there, they bought me candies and ice-cream to eat and we talked a bit about random stuff. They were all heading to college, so we had to buy things for them to get ready for dorms. The day turned out not really bad and I love to hang out with my Spanish speaking cousins. They were fun, but they wouldn’t teach me a single Spanish when I ask them to.

Now, I would usually head to their house and bother them, however one of my cousins would bother me back. Since I am a violinist, he would tell me to give him some lessons on how to play the violin. He would even ask me to give him one since he knows I have a collection of violins. Times past and I start to think that having Spanish speaking cousins are a lot of fun! <3 I love them !

No comments:

Post a Comment