Friday, September 17, 2010

Response to Nawara's Blog: School :0

I am responding to Nawara's blog

I had the same thought as Nawara when i first arrived at ASTI. For me, the first day at ASTI had made me nervous because i used to go to a school that had over 800 students however i never knew that my high school would be such a small environment. I find that I had a lot of work too because in the past i would do homework for around 1 hour or less however after I went to ASTI my homework had increased to at least 5 hours a day. 

I had the same feeling when i first came to this school like i was all thinking about college just like Nawara. i thought that if i go to ASTI ,i would finish college early like before i turn 20, but it was wrong however i did notice that Asti gave more higher educational standards than any other high schools.I can relate to Nawara that her first day she was scared that she wasn’t going to succeed because i had thought about dropping out of ASTI if i fail all my classes however I find myself fitting into to ASTI after all.

During this month at ASTI, i had experienced community and i had felt very welcomed from all students. Although there is a lot of homework  in school, there were no problems for me because i had help from all my friends that i met.
When I think about school, I imagine homework, quizzes, breaks, gossip, etc. When I came to Alameda Science and Technology Institute, I learned that I was in a smaller environment and in an area that is full time work, work, work. When it was my first day of school, all I was thinking about was college. I felt like I was not in a high school where they have rallies, dances, and football games. I was in a community where we succeed in higher educational standards. As a freshman, I was scared. I felt like I was not going to succeed even though I was accepted, I did not feel like I was ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment