Saturday, December 11, 2010

Response to Shannon's blog: My opinion towards Oakland

I agree with Shannon that Oakland is a fine place to live in.

 Living in the hood for my whole life, I would say Oakland is fine. A lot of people call it a "kill-zone" and say its dangerous. From the parts I've lived in and from my experience its not really dangerous unless you're unlucky and shot as an innocent bystander or you're into some stuff. Most people in Oakland aren't even into stuff. Oakland has actually been very safe for me and lots of other people. There are parts that are very nice like Montclair and the Oakland Hills are all safe as can be.

     I lived most of my life in Oakland and I don’t believe that Oakland is that dangerous. I don’t live in a neighborhood that could hear gunshots and killing, however I believe Oakland could be a safe place if you don’t leave your house at night.(Note* only referring to people who lives in a bad neighborhood in Oakland) I agree with Shannon that some parts of Oakland could be safe. The neighborhood that I live in is on top of the hills at Lake Merritt and we didn’t have any serious crime scenes there. Everyone in my neighborhood was just peaceful and the only crime scene that we had this year was that someone was robbed on the bottom of the hill.

    Seriously, Oakland residents aren’t really into killing however the only reason that people are doing violence is because they are poor and need money to live a life. Everywhere in this world have violence and is dangerous. Oakland had been referred to that it was ranked as the number 3 or 4 most dangerous city in the US or something, however they should realize that there are still rich people who live in Oakland like in the Oakland hills. When I think about Oakland, I think about the word diversity because our communities are always diverse which is something that I really like about Oakland. Whenever my parents ask me if we should move out of Oakland, I would always give them a NO!

   

No comments:

Post a Comment