Tuesday, November 9, 2010

My Life with the Violin/Viola.

Violin was really important to me and I started when I was in fourth grade. My first violin teacher was really strict and mean. She screams at anyone that doesn't know how to play twinkle twinkle little star. It was my luck that I remember my fingering to play that song.

As I grew older when I reached sixth grade, I made a huge improvement. I was the number one violin player in class which mean I was first chair. My teacher had always been giving me lots of attention and sometimes he told me to be his music assistant showing the class how the song would go using a violin. My hard work from practicing had finally paid off. The first orchestra that I joined was the Muse Orchestra and because of that orchestra, I had met a famous conductor named Michael Morgan. Also, the Muse Orchestra had gave me the chance to play at the Paramount Theatre and many other famous places.

The first time that I realized that playing violin was worth it was when I had represented Oakland to go play violin at San Jose University with other music students around the Bay Area. I was able to meet new friends and perform some of the hardest pieces that I had never seen before. This was one of the best experiences for me as a musicianist.

Later on, I joined another orchestra named Berkeley Youth Orchestra when I was in eighth grade. I started to play viola at that orchestra and I had made great improvements from there. In my opinion, I find that this orchestra was actually challenging in a way because for a violist, we can't really play high notes. When we had to play this song called Indiana Jones... I had to reach my fingers really high in order to play the high squeaky notes.

After I graduated from middle school, I was lucky enough to become a music mentor at my old school as a violist. I was able to teach young musicians all the things I learned over the past five to six years. I was proud to be a music teacher and because I get paid :D

1 comment:

  1. It is nice to learn this about you! My big sister was a violinist, and I grew up playing the piano...You should check out Susan's post, which is on a similar topic!

    http://writingupside-down.blogspot.com/2010/11/love-of-music.html

    ReplyDelete